Shabby Miss Jenn

Sunday, November 26, 2006

A little scrapbooking seminar for you...

I think I could have held a few scrapbooking seminars this weekend! :) I'm so glad people like what I'm doing...and want to learn how to do it, too! One warning though...it's addictive!!

Ok...grab a pen and jot down some notes (or do it the easy way and copy & past this blog post!)

First thing you'll need is an editing program (maybe Santa will hook you up with one!). I started out with photoshop elements. Any of the photoshop programs will work, or you can use paint shop pro, Digital Image Pro (and there are others out there, I'm just forgetting!) There are pros and cons to each program, but you can definitely do a lot with any of those.

Next...the best thing you can do for getting started is to read a couple of tutorials on how to make a layout. There are some great tutorials located at www.twopeasinabucket.com (click on digital scrapping and then click on tutorials) and also at www.scrapbook-bytes.com The ones at scrapbook-bytes are really great for the various programs! There are some tutorials on this site for how to make your first layout. The first couple of layouts you make will take awhile, just because you are learning your program. Once you've made a few, it will go so much faster!

Now, the fun stuff...downloading goodies! There are so many amazing kits out there that are FREE!! I just recently have started buying some stuff...mainly because I just love certain designers!

Sites to go to for free stuff are:
www.twopeasinabucket.com (go to digital scrapbooking kits...scroll down & they are on your left hand side)
www.shabbyprincess.com
www.scrapbook-bytes.com
There are TONS of other sites out there, but these will get you started. Also, you can google "free digital scrapbooking" and you will get loads of sites!

Once you have some kits & a program, you can begin making your pages. I am addicted to using templates on my pages. Go to www.jencaputo.typepad.com and click on her sketches. She has several on there for free, plus she sells some great ones! You can also google for digital scrapbooking templates and find more. (I don't want to overwhelm you with sites right now!) Using templates just saves so much time. You just "fill in" the spots with the papers & your pictures & presto--scrapbook page completed!

Try a few pages with the free stuff before you buy anything just to make sure you'll actually use them.

If you get stumped on what to do, just post your questions in the comments section & I'll try my best to help you out! (or at least point you in the right direction!)

If you attempt to do a page, I want to see it! E-mail a copy of it to me!

Good luck!

No comments:

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.acrossthemilesphotography.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.