Shabby Miss Jenn

Monday, April 02, 2007

Momma's got some crazy curls!

I don't know how many of you watch the show "Lost," but Tyler and I are addicted (thank you Jessica Hollis!) We've flown through seasons 1 & 2 on the DVD and then downloaded the episodes of season 3 we missed on Itunes. We are all caught up and loving it!

There is an actress on there (Evangeline Lilly) who has the best curls. I thought I'd give it a try. So...I was going for something like this:


But for some reason, I kept ending up like Hurley!!



So...obviously I started to give up on the idea of embracing my natural curl. I went to Kim on Thursday for a haircut and she just laughed at me and my "Lost" description of hair. She cut a lot of the weight out of my hair and added some more layers. She challenged me to put the straightener away for a week & try to get used to my curls again. I'm happy to say...I don't look like Hurley anymore. I'm still adjusting to them, but it sure makes getting ready a whole lot easier in the morning. My hair is fixed in less than 5 minutes!

Here's a pic of Millie and I at the park on Saturday wearing matching curls! (and Tyler wans to make sure that everyone knows he's the photographer behind the camera! LOL!)



So...you're all caught up on Kellie's hair drama! Don't you feel more enlightened now?

Ok...I need to tell you guys about the fun kit I used to make that layout. If you spend $10 or more at www.funkyplaygrounddesigns.com this week, you'll get it for FREE! It is packed full of tons of goodies!! I had tons of fun scrapping with it!

Here's the full kit:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I've been such a bad blogger that I don't know if I ever told you guys I'm a guest on Christina Renee's dream team. My favorite scrappers are on her CT and I feel so lucky to be scrapping along side of them. Also...the amazing Traci Murphy has asked me to be a guest for her this month, too!! She also sells at www.funkyplaygrounddesigns.com Seriously...somebody pinch me! I just started scrapping a year ago...and can't believe how far I've come and who I've been able to work with this year. It has been such a fun ride!!

So...go shopping & scrap! (and let me see the pages you make!)

8 comments:

Sally said...

Haha! Kellie you're too funny! I think your curls are lovely!

Amanda said...

Congrats on the the guest CT's - how great is that - and just was reading about you in the DST Insider this month - rocking girl! Love the curls by the way!

Anonymous said...

I think your hair looks great... I'd kill for some natural curl!

Sara E said...

wow! that collab is soooo cool! thanks for sharing......
and I really love the LO that you made with it...so super cute!

X said...

totally lol at the "Lost" hair! yours looks way cute though, I love it!

Katie said...

LOL at Hurley Hair! You are darling! Congrats on being recognized for your talent!

Anonymous said...

So anyway, I am Kellie, too, and I, too, googled, "Kellie needs" and found your blog. Then I was shocked to find that you are a digi-scrapper...then realized you must be KellieP, huh? I go by joelsgirl in the forums, and anyway I just wanted to introduce myself since I'll be reading your blog from now on, I'm sure. And I want to say that from the one pic where I could see your hair, I think it looks great. I, too, am trying to embrace my natural curl, though I kind of end up with this thick mess normally. You got any tips to offer?

Renata Pamplona said...

LOL about those curls. Damn curls makers´ on abc´s!

;)

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.acrossthemilesphotography.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.