Shabby Miss Jenn

Thursday, December 21, 2006

I love photoshop...and neat image, too! (Thanks Jen Caputo!)

I helped Dad photograph Justin & Amy's wedding last weekend. He shot film, and I did the digital. I've been up to my eyeballs in editing...I've been spending HOURS on it each day. The lighting was really tough in the church and my pics were SOOOO dark and when i ran a photoshop action over them, they got really grainy. I panicked and them remembered I read something about a noise reduction program over on Jen Caputo's blog. I bought the program she recommended and man...it made such a HUGE difference. I don't know if you'll be able to tell much by these pics since they are smaller files, but in real life it's AMAZING!! All digital cameras leave you with some "noise" in the background...and this program fixes that! I highly recommend buying it at www.neatimage.com It was a lifesaver for me! Also, I have a bunch of actions from various places and they have helped fix the lighting problems in the pics. Check this out! You'll have to click on the pics to enlarge it in order to be able to tell a difference in the pics (And by the way...doesn't Aunt Tresa look beautiful?)

Original:


With "Lighten Up" Action:


After running neat image on it:


I obviously don't have everything "centered" and perfect, but I figured I wouldn't mess with that until we knew what sizes to crop everything to.

Edited to add...Ok, I realize that you can't tell a huge difference with these pics. But, take my word...that program will clean your pictures up in an amazing way!

Hmmm...can you tell a difference in these pics?
Original:


Lightened up:


Filtered:


I'll post some more of their wedding pics after I get them edited and pic out my favorites. Amy was such a GORGEOUS bride. She made taking pics easy! (And next time Dad wants me to help out at a wedding, I think I'm shooting the film and letting him do the digital...talk about a TON of work editing! But, it's fun to watch the progression from "before" to "after." I'm so thankful for photoshop!)

No comments:

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.acrossthemilesphotography.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.