Shabby Miss Jenn

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I won!

Remember the pink layout about Millie from a couple of days ago? Well, I won the Pink Week Template Challenge! :) I won a Wacom Bamboo Tablet and it should be arriving at my house in a couple of days!

Pretty cool, huh? Thanks Miriam and team!! :) Also...Miriam and I are talking about having me do some photography challenges with her site. I'm excited to work along side of her! I need to keep pushing myself to learn more with my photography & this seems like a great opportunity!

Speaking of photography...wanna see what I'm drooling over?

It's the Canon XSI...it has 12 megapixels & it seems like a great camera. It isn't released until April, but I'm reading everything I can on it. I have been wanting the 40d, but it is still out of my price range (not that this is much better!) I'll also need a speedlite flash, a 50mm lens, and I'd like a 70-300mm lens, but I'll just have to get it all piece by piece. Hopefully I'll get to do some photo sessions this spring so I can save for some new fun stuff! After I get my camera setup, I'm going to save for some lights so I can do some studio stuff. Woohoo! (It's all still a big dream, but a girl's gotta dream, right? I just keep waiting for a few grand to fall from the sky!)

Here's a few new layouts for you guys!







Today is shaping up to be a busy day...Tyler has a missions board meeting, and then a church board meeting tonight. So, that means I have no breaks until he gets home. I feel a Starbucks night coming on soon! :) I'm looking forward to American Idol, though!

4 comments:

Michelle Filo said...

woohooo, congratulations Kellie :) how awesome is that, I can't wait to see what you do with it.
About the camera, I am sooooo tahnkful for that new release, not because I want that camera (which I do) but because it made the previous Rebel affordable and I got mine :D
As usual, LOVE LOVE LOVE the layouts :) so much inspiration here! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Kellie,
When your looking for lens attachments, don't just look at Canon brand. Tamron makes some nice ones that are pretty affordable. I bought the 70-300 for mine for less than $150 a couple of years ago. It is great for outdoor sports action shots.
Crystal S. (a friend of Kay's)

Unknown said...

Congrats!

Found this post that highlighted some of the differences between the xsi and 40D

I'm still pulling for the 40D - then I can play with it at family gatherings!

:)

Jessica said...

Wow, that is cool that you won that tablet...now you can become a scrapping designer like I keep telling you! :) Did you get my email from the other day?

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.acrossthemilesphotography.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.