Shabby Miss Jenn

Friday, October 31, 2008

Conversations with a three year old...

Mason and I had the funniest conversation yesterday!

Mason: Mommy...I have a new house.
Me: You do? What color is it?
Mason: yellow.
Me: Where is your new house?
Mason: By the wake. (Lake)
Me: How many rooms are in your house?
Mason: Um...Free (three)
Me: What kind of rooms do you have?
Mason: John Deere rooms. And, I cook in the kitchen.
Me: Oh...do you have fields at your house?
Mason: yep...I have fields.
Me: How many acres do you have?
Mason: Free (three)
Me: Oh! Three acres...wow! How are your crops this year?
Mason: Well, my fields are too wet. So, I can't work in the fields right now.
Me: oh. Well, who lives at your house?
Mason: Me, Millie...and you.
Me: Where does Daddy live?
Mason: at church camp.

I just started cracking up! He's so funny!

Then...a couple hours later he walks up and said:

Mason: "Mommy, do you think Miles likes tractors?"
Me: "I'm sure he does buddy. I bet he'd love John Deere, too."
Mason: Yeah, I bet he likes tractors and combines.
Me: Yep, I bet he does!
Mason: Maybe he can come here and play with me.
Me: Well...he can't buddy. He has to play his tractors in Heaven. One day we'll get to play tractors with him in Heaven, but it won't be for a long time.
Mason: I miss my brudder.
Me: Me too buddy.

Then, he happily runs off to his room to play tractors. He's such a sweet kid. (who is currently hugging my neck right now while his sister is dancing around the living room to some song on Disney. I'm such a lucky mom!)

5 comments:

Tim said...

I can't wait to have little conversations with Ella like this. Kids have such a sweet heart. I am looking forward to having a talkative little girl. Thanks for posting the funny little story!

Amanda said...

Man, kids are just the sweetest! Love the peek into ya'lls talk. Hope you all are doing well.

Michelle Filo said...

awwwwwwwww adorable!!!!! made me a tiny teary though :)

girl, your blog is looking mazign with such beaitufl photography!!!! You are so talented and I am LOVING the places you are shooting in, I wish I was close by :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

i teared up a little reading that. mason is so sweet.

love you! abbie

Unknown said...

I wish I could play tractors with him too. I thank God constantly for my children and for those precious, precious grandchildren. I will always hope that they know home much I love them.
Pappaw

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.acrossthemilesphotography.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.