Shabby Miss Jenn

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Our fun, busy weekend!

Whew!! It's only 6:30 and I'm wore out!! I have lots to blog about, so this could get long...I'll try not to ramble too much! :)

We left on Thursday to take Tyler to the Master's men retreat and the kids & I went to stay with the Hollis family in Sesser. On our way down, traffic was rerouted off of the interstate at the Dix exit and we had to go about 10 miles to drop Tyler off in Mt. Vernon. It took us 2 hours and 45 minutes to go 10 miles!!! We were moving inches at a time...it was horrible! The poor kids were not very happy! The tow truck passed us and we saw the results of the wreck on the interstate. We were no longer frustrated with our wait because we knew by looking at the vehicle that there's little chance anyone survived. Come to find out, a mom of 3 passed away in the accident. That family has been on my heart and prayers a lot here lately!

We finally dropped Tyler off and then the kids and I went to Mt. Vernon Wal-Mart. I doubled over in severe pain while I was there and didn't know what to do. I started feeling a little better and then the pain kept coming back...I'm sure I looked like a crazy woman bending over my stroller! I got so sick there at Wal-Mart...this was not turning out to be the best day!

We finally got to Sesser and had so much fun! We got to hang out with Johnny, Jessica, Maddie Kate, and Ava! (Those girls are growing up way too fast!) Kylie, Molly, and Jennifer came over and we all watched survivor. It was so nice getting to hang out with friends. I really miss getting to have girl time! Jessica & I stayed up way too late messing around with photoshop and just talking that we were so sleepy the rest of the weekend. Mason loved getting to see their puppies, had fun when Maddie Kate drove him around in her Barbie Jeep (I'll post pics soon...they are too cute!) and loved it when Johnny took him out on the 4x4. He definitely is an outdoor kid! Jessica took some really cute pics of the kids (again...I'll post them soon!) I hope we get to go back soon...I really miss seeing them!

Today was our church Homecoming. Corey, Stephani, Lily & Libby were up & Corey was our speaker today. I was in back with 12 kids (ACK!!) so I didn't get to be a part of the service, but I hear it went really well! :)

Today was also our NICU reunion. It was so much fun to see everyone!!!!! We miss all of our NICU nurses (although we don't plan on ever having to use your services again! haha) I'm so thankful for the love that they have for our family...we love them, too! And for those of you NICU nurses that stalk the blog...(Kaci, Elena...) leave comments so I know you visited! :) You guys need blogs, too!! Mason had fun riding a pony (and the pony pooped all over the back of my pants!!!!), sliding down the inflatables, and hanging out with our NICU buddies (so good seeing you, Cydney & Ean!) Again...pics coming soon! :)

Well, I didn't win the picture contest...not even close. It was at www.sweetdreamsshoppe.com I honestly was kind of bummed out...actually, quite bummed that I didn't even place top 4. I don't know why I took it so personal, but I did. I think it'll be awhile before I enter another contest...I didn't realize how much emotion I invested in it. But, I still made a cute book for Mason that I'm proud of. (I know...you all are playing your air violins because of my whining...)

This week looks like it's going to be another crazy week...at least I'll have lots to blog about! :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Kellie, glad you had a good weekend! Sorry you didn't win the contest. I thought your album was absolutely ADORABLE! You should definitely not let it stop you from entering other contests!

My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in a few seconds. If not, visit
http://www.acrossthemilesphotography.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.